Arsenal are to hold talks with the ‘Iranian Messi’ next week after the player himself admitted there has been interest in him, according to the Express.
Highly-rated Rubin Kazan striker Sardar Azmoun has been highly-sought after in the last few months by several clubs and has been dubbed the next Lionel Messi. Arsenal have been tracking the 20-year-old and despite interest from AC Milan and Juventus recently, with Arsene Wenger’s men looking like the favourites to land the tricky forward.
The Gunners have offered Rubin Kazan £2 million for the striker, who was scouted playing for Iran’s Under-20 team last year and has attracted interest since then.
Azmoun recently told media outlets that he had been scouted by teams and that Arsenal scouts had approached him. He also said that a transfer to the Emirates ‘would be a dream’, should any representatives from the side make a move for him.
Azmoun only moved to Europe in 2013 from Iranian Pro League outfit Sepahan Isfahan and Rubin Kazan are reportedly advising the tricky forward to stay at the club to assist his progression going forward. They are claiming Azmoun is better off staying at Rubin Kazan to benefit his long-term ability and to allow him to progress as a footballer away from the spotlight at Arsenal.
Speaking to Russian television show 90, Azmoun said: “There already are solid offers coming from both Arsenal and AC Milan.
“Both their representatives are about to meet Rubin Kazan management next Thursday.